Sunday, December 9, 2012

Concept Album progress...

** If you would really like to hear my latest tune "Intro" (aka "Blue Born") in its entirety, sign up on my mailing list on my main page (http://www.ianmusic.com). It is now available for a listen on the world wide web! **

LATEST:

Tim (sound engineer/co-producer) and I are trying to figure out the best time (if any) this month to record song two from my latest concept concoction. At the same time this is going on, Tim is filling in his non-existent spare time, well... it's a simple task really... (NOT)... building his new sound studio! I will be helping him along the way. Quite a challenge to say the least! Yeah, things may get delayed a bit, but I don't give a rat's ass. As long as I am working on music, or am helping Tim build this beast - I am a happy camper.

If possible, I would like to be back in one of the studio's (most likely the one I've recorded in for the past 7 years) late this month. I was planning on using a song I recorded back in 2009 entitled "Below the Line" for song two, but after hearing how it worked with the overall theme of the entire rough draft of the concept album, I through it by the wayside. I may use it somewhere else in the concept album, or I may not use it at all. I am currently writing the new song (again, song two) now. I just completed a tiny, looped portion of the bass track last night. I will the drums and vocals in the days/weeks to come. This one is really gonna kick your cochlea's! "Blue", the main character, will be catapulted into sheer chaos soon after his glorious entrance into this world ("Blue Born" reflects beauty and blissfulness which precedes this). He will be marred and molded into "what is necessary" according to his parents. A most distressful and overwhelming time!

YOU PICK YOUR T-SHIRT CONTEST:

Congratulations to the most recent winner of my "You pick your t-shirt contest"! I will be holding off on future contests until some time in 2013. My Zazzle Store, however, never closes (http://www.zazzle.com/iannai29/gifts)

All is good in the world if you allow it to be in yourself...

Love to all,

Ian

No comments: