Saturday, March 5, 2011

Studio documentary video coming to a server near you

I haven't started this puppy yet, but my ultimate goal is to edit hours of video footage chop them up and neatly place them into a Studio Ballistico documentary video. The documentary video will reveal to the masses how creating a song in the studio is achieved. I picked "Five Below Nothing" from my latest EP "Phone Call to Infinity" (recorded in October of 2010) as the song used for the documentary. The footage will feature Erik Swanson (bass), Dave Bowers (guitar), Tim Sandusky (co-producer/sound engineer), and myself (drums, keyboards, vocals) in our natural habitat. Individual interviews, creative discussions and individual performance clips will all be intertwined within this upcoming documentary.

Not exactly sure when this will be released. I'm guessing late April '11, but will settle for August.

More songs are on the stove right now. Some are completely warm and ready to serve. Others are miles away from even the back burners (still at the grocery store). I'm looking at summer studio time and a late summer release.

I hope all is well where ever you are.

Ian

Posted via email from Ian Narcisi's posterous

No comments: